1. Information about the processing of your data
1. Processing of personal data when visiting our DMG MORI website
- When you visit the DMG MORI website, we initially collect the data listed below on the basis of applicable laws (e.g. Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR). This data is necessary to be able to present the DMG MORI website to you and to ensure its stability and security:
- IP address;
- date and time of the access;
- time zone difference to the coordinated universal time (UTC);
- content which was view during the access (specific page);
- access status/HTTP status code;
- data volume transmitted;
- website where the request originated from;
- browser used;
- operating system and its interface;
- language and version of the browser software.
- In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your computer when you visit our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard disk assigned to the browser you are using and through which certain information flows to the location that sets the cookie (in this case by us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet and our services more user-friendly and effective by allowing us to respond to you when you return to our services. Cookies are also used to enhance the secure use of our services.
- Our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Transient cookies (see below: a))
- Persistent cookies (see below: b))
a) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This includes in particular session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the session. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
b) Persistent cookies are deleted after three months at the latest. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
c) You can configure your browser settings in accordance with your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept cookies. However, we would like to make you aware that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of the DMG MORI website.
Change cookie settings
2. Processing of personal data for and after registration and use of the DMG MORI website
- If you register or log in to the DMG MORI website, we use your access data (e-mail address and password) to grant access to your user account and to manage it ("Mandatory Information"). If you do not provide this data, you will not be able to create a user account and you cannot get access to the event. In detail such data is:
- personal master data (e.g. first and last name, business address)
-communication data (e.g. business telephone number, e-mail address, language)
- We do not collect any sensitive personal data from you.
- If you have already created a "my DMG MORI" user account on our service portal, you can also use this user data to log in to the DMG MORI website. We will then use the corresponding data already stored there as Mandatory Information.
- We use the Mandatory Information to authenticate you when you log in and to respond to requests to reset your password.
- In addition, we use "DMG MORI Website Analytics" to track your browsing experience when using the DMG MORI website. See "Use of DMG MORI Website Analytics” below for detailed information.
- The data entered by you during registration will also be processed for the purpose of establishing contact with you. Your registration data will be stored in our CRM system or, in the case of existing customers, matched with existing data in order to record your usage there and to take your data into account for justified data processing and contact purposes, such as for up-to-date information on our products and services.
- The aforementioned data processing is lawful, inter alia, when (1) you have given express or tacit consent (based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR), (2) it is necessary for the fulfilment of a contract between you as the concerned party and us (based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR), (3) we have a legitimate interest in ensuring the functionality and error-free operation of the DMG MORI website, which outweighs your rights and interests in the protection of your personal data (based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR) (4) the data is anonymized, (5) the processing is necessary to exercise rights in judicial, administrative, or arbitration proceedings, (6) the processing is necessary for an emergency that threatens the life, health, or security of an individual, (7) the processing is clearly in your interests and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way, or (8) otherwise permitted under applicable law or a resolution by a competent authority ("Justified").
3. Processing of personal data in connection with our newsletters
- With your consent you can subscribe to our newsletter, which we use to inform you about current interesting offers.
- We use a "double-opt-in" process for subscription to our newsletter. That means we send an e-mail to the indicated e-mail address after you have subscribed, asking for your confirmation that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. Moreover, we save your IP addresses and the timestamps of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this process is to adequately document your registration and to investigate any potential misuse of your personal data.
- The only mandatory information for receiving our newsletter is your e-mail address. Additional data can be provided separately on a voluntary basis and is used to address you in a more personal manner. After your confirmation, we store your e-mail address to be able to send you our newsletter. This processing of your data is lawful (based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR, or otherwise Justified).
- You can withdraw your consent to receiving the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. To withdraw your consent, click on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message to the contact data provided below.
- We would like to notify you that we evaluate your user behavior when sending our newsletter. For this evaluation, the sent e-mails contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, i.e. one-pixel image files saved on our websites. For evaluation, we associate the data indicated in subsection 3 and the web beacons with your e-mail address and an individual ID. Links contained in the newsletter also contain this ID. The data acquired in this fashion is used to create a user profile, so that we can customize our newsletter for you, based on your individual interests. We detect when you read our newsletter and which links you click and use this information to determine your personal interests. We then connect this data to the actions taken by you on our website.
- You can object to this tracking at any time by clicking the separate link provided in each e-mail. The information is saved as long as you are subscribed to our newsletter. After unsubscribing, we save the data on a purely statistical and anonymous basis. Moreover, this tracking method is impossible, if you have deactivated images by default in your e-mail program. However, if you do so, our newsletter is not displayed in full and you may not be able to use all functions. If you display images manually, the above-described tracking method is activated. This processing of your data is lawful (based Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR, or otherwise Justified).
4. Use of Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", i.e. text files saved on your computer permitting analysis of your use of our website. The information on your use of this website generated by the cookie is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. As this website has activated IP anonymization, your IP address will, however, first be abbreviated by Google within the European Union member states and other states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The full IP address is only transmitted to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there in exceptional cases. On behalf of the provider of this website, Google uses this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide the website provider with further services connected to website use and internet use.
- The IP addresses transmitted in connection with Google Analytics will not be associated with other data stored by Google.
- You can prevent storage of cookies by making the appropriate settings in your browser software; we would, however, like to point out that, if you do so, you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. Moreover, you can prevent collection of the data generated by the cookie and referring to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) by Google and processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This means IP addresses are abbreviated before being processed further, preventing association with a person. If the data collected could be associated with your person, this is therefore immediately prevented, and the data related to your person is immediately deleted.
- We use Google Analytics in order to be able to analyze and regularly improve use of our website. We can use the statistics gathered to improve our offering and make it more interesting for you as a user. The use of Google Analytics is lawful (based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR, or otherwise Justified).
- Information of the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User terms: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html, overview on data privacy: https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and data privacy statement: https://www.google.de/intl/en/policies/privacy.
5. Use of ClickDimensions
- We use the marketing and analytics software ClickDimensions, operated by ClickDimensions LLC 5901 Peachtree Dunwoody Road, NE Suite B500 Atlanta, GA 30328 United States.
- All data collected is stored in Microsoft Azure Services operated by Microsoft Ireland Operations (Sandyford Business Estate, Dublin 18, Ireland). Your data is not stored on servers outside the EU.
- If you as a visitor fill out a form on our websites, you consent to the processing of this form data by ClickDimensions and in our Microsoft Dynamics CRM system. We store the data you submit until you revoke your consent. Thereby, we store the following data: salutation, first name, last name, company address, company contact information (phone and email).
- If images are downloaded in a DMG MORI newsletter or if a link is clicked, this is automatically logged via the ClickDimensions e-mail service. The results help us to continuously improve the content of our newsletters and to make the information offered on our websites more interesting for you. If you do not agree with the storage and evaluation of this data, you can unsubscribe from the newsletter mailing at any time. See section 5 on newsletters for more details.
- The data transmitted to ClickDimensions is used on our behalf to evaluate the use of our website, compile reports on website activity and provide other services related to website and internet usage. If you do not wish cookies to be stored, you can prevent this by setting your browser software accordingly. The processing of your data is lawful because according to the above we have a legitimate interest (e.g. Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) DSGVO), or it is otherwise Justified. For more information on the processing of personal data by ClickDimensions, please visit https://clickdimensions.com/about/privacy-policy. You can object to the collection and storage of data at any time with effect for the future. Use the following link for this purpose: Change cookie settings
6. Embedding of YouTube videos
- We have embedded YouTube videos in our website, which are stored on https://www.youtube.com and can be played directly on our website. All of these are embedded in "advanced data privacy mode", i.e. no data relating to you as a user is transmitted to YouTube, if you do not play the videos. The data listed in subsection 2 is only transmitted, when you play the videos. We have no influence on this data transfer.
- When playing the videos, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under section 3 of this privacy information is transmitted irrespective of whether you are logged in through a YouTube user account or whether no user account exists. If you are logged into a Google account, your data will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on YouTube, you must log out prior to activating the button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is also carried out for users who are not logged in to provide tailored advertising. You have a right of objection to the creation of these user profiles, but you must contact YouTube directly in order to exercise this right.
7. Integration of Google Maps
- Our website uses the services of Google Maps. This allows us to display interactive maps on our website and permits you convenient usage of the map function.
- When you visit the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the respective subpage of our website. In addition, the data listed under section 3 of this privacy notice is transmitted. This is the case irrespective of whether or not you have a Google user account and are logged into it. If you are logged into a Google account, your data is associated directly with your account. If you do not wish for your data to be associated with your Google profile, log out before activating the button. Google saves your data as usage profiles and uses it for the purposes of promotion, market research and/or tailoring its website to the users' needs. In particular, this evaluation is conducted (even for users not logged into a user account) to provide tailored advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these user profiles, but in order to exercise this right, you will have to contact Google.
8. Use of Google Ads Conversion
- We use the Google Ads service in order to use advertising material ("Google Ads") to call attention to our appealing offers on external websites. Based on the ad campaigns' data, we can determine the level of success of individual promotional measures. We do this to pursue the interest of showing you advertisements of interest for you, of making our website more interesting for you and of achieving a fair calculation of advertising costs.
- This advertising material is provided by Google through so-called "Ad Servers". For this purpose, we use Ad Server cookies, which measure specific parameters to determine success, such as how often ads are displayed or how often users click on them. If you reach our website through a Google ad, Google Ads saves a cookie on your PC. These cookies generally become invalid after 30 days and are not intended for identifying you personally. In general, the unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post view conversions) and opt-out information (identifying that the user no longer wishes to be addressed) are saved together with this cookie as analysis values.
- These cookies allow Google to recognize your web browser. If a user visits certain pages of an Ads customer's website and the cookie saved on the user's computer has not expired yet, Google and the customer can detect that the user has clicked an ad and was forwarded to the site. Each Ads customer is assigned a different cookie. Cookies can therefore not be tracked through websites of Ads customers. We do not collect and process personal data through the above-mentioned promotional measures. We merely receive statistical evaluations provided by Google. Based on these evaluations, we can detect which of the promotional measures used are particularly effective. We do not receive further data through use of these promotional measures. In particular, we cannot identify the users based on this information.
- Due to the marketing tools in use, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Google server. We have no influence on the extent and further use of the data collected by Google through use of this tool, and therefore wish to inform you based on our own knowledge: Through integration of Ads Conversion, Google receives the information that you have accessed the respective part of our web presence or clicked on one of our ads. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can associate the visit with your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, the provider may find out and save your IP address.
- You have different options for preventing participation in this tracking procedure a) by making the corresponding settings in your browser software, in particular rejecting third-party cookies will ensure that you do not receive third-party ads; b) by deactivating the cookies for conversion tracking by changing the settings of your browser so that cookies from the domain "www.googleadservices.com" are blocked, using the link https://www.google.com/settings/ads, although these settings are deleted, when you delete your cookies c) by deactivating the interest-based ads of the provider, which are part of the self-regulation campaign "About Ads", using the link https://www.aboutads.info/choices, although this setting is deleted, when you delete your cookies; d) through permanent deactivation in your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome using the link https://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. We would, however, like to notify you that you may not be able to use all functions of this service, if you do so.
- This processing of your data is lawful (based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR, or otherwise Justified). Further information on data privacy at Google can be found at these links: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/en.html. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at https://www.networkadvertising.org.
In addition to Ads Conversion, we use the Google Remarketing service. This is a process through which we wish to address you again. This application allows us to show our ads to you during your subsequent internet use after you have visited our website. For this purpose, cookies are saved in your browser, through which your user behavior when visiting various websites is recorded and evaluated by Google. This allows Google to determine that you have previously visited our website. Based on statements by Google, the data collected for Remarketing is not associated with any personal data which may be stored by Google. In particular, Google states that pseudonymization is used for Remarketing.
10. LinkedIn Lead Generation
- DMG MORI offers the download of white papers and registration for webinars via the social network LinkedIn. The "LinkedIn Lead Generation" service uses forms for this purpose. Other functions and contents of the LinkedIn service can also be integrated. The service is offered by die LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, 5 Wilton Park, Dublin 2, Ireland.
- If the users are members of the LinkedIn platform, LinkedIn can link the above-mentioned content and functions to the profiles of the users. For the use of such a service, registration is necessary in advance. Which data is collected in each case can be learnt from the respective input forms. The data collected is also transferred to DMG MORI's CRM system and stored there with any customer profile.
- The following data in particular is collected as part of the registration process:
- First and last name
- email address
- Company name
- Telephone number
- The use of these tools serves marketing purposes. These purposes are also our legitimate interest in data processing according (based Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR, or otherwise Justified).
11. LinkedIn Insight Tag
- Using the LinkedIn Insight Tag, a conversion tool provided by LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland, we collect data about visitors to our website, including: IP address, URL, referrer URL, device characteristics, browser characteristics, page views, and timestamps. LinkedIn provides us with aggregate reports about our website audience and an overview of our ad performance.
- This data is encrypted, anonymized within seven days, and the anonymized data is deleted within 90 days.
- Using the LinkedIn Insight Tag, we identify users who have shown interest in our website and create target groups in order to show our advertising to the corresponding users again (so-called retargeting) as well as to gain additional information about the LinkedIn users. Targeted users cannot be identified in this process.
- We use the LinkedIn Insight Tag to track whether users perform certain actions on our website (so-called conversions).
- The use of these tools serves marketing purposes. These purposes are also our legitimate interest in data processing in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
12. Facebook Pixel
- Within the scope of our online offer, the so-called Facebook pixel is used, which is operated by Facebook Inc, 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA.
- With the help of the Facebook pixel, it is possible to determine you as a target group for the display of ads (so-called Facebook Ads) and to show our ads only to users who are interested in our company or online offer.
- We also use the Facebook service Custom Audiences and define specific target groups in Facebook based on users with certain characteristics. We intend to utilize the Facebook pixel as a means of ensuring that our Facebook ads correspond to the potential interest of users and do not have a harassing effect.
- Facebook pixel also lets us determine whether users visit our website and/or perform certain actions, such as registering for the event offer (so-called conversion). For this purpose, we only receive statistical data from Facebook without reference to a specific person.
You can deactivate the collection by the Facebook pixel and use of your data here: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads.
- The use of these tools serves marketing purposes. These purposes are also our legitimate interest in data processing in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
13. Use of DMG MORI Website Analytics
- We use our own web analytics platform “DMG MORI Website Analytics” to measure, collect, analyze and report visitors' data for purposes of understanding how you interact with the DMG MORI website, for optimizing the website and online services, and to recognize and stop any misuse.
- Registration on the website and the associated contact information
- Page visits and the time spent on the individual pages
- Executed downloads with file names and product information
- We use LocalStorage to store filenames and storage addresses for the correct execution of downloads.
- "Do Not Track" is a technology that enables visitors to opt-out from being tracked by websites for whatever purpose, including the use of analytics services, advertising networks and social platforms. To enable the "do not track" option in your browser follow the respective link below:
- Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-turn-do-not-track-feature
- Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17288/windows-internet-explorer-11-use-do-not-track
- Microsoft Edge https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy
- Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/114836?hl=en-GB&ref_topic=3421433
- Safari https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/prevent-websites-from-tracking-you-sfri40732/mac#ibrw88300566
- Opera https://help.opera.com/en/presto/be-safe-and-private/#notrack
If your preferred browser is not in the above list of browsers, visit the vendor's website for more information.
- Your consent to collecting your browsing experience when you enter the DMG MORI website, your browsing experience is registered by use of DMG MORI Website Analytics. Within the cookies' configuration outlined above, which you can change at any time, you can also deselect DMG MORI Website Analytics in the section "Analysis".
If you have enabled the "Do not track" option in your web browser, we will respect your choice and your browsing experience on the DMG MORI website will not be processed through the DMG MORI Website Analytics service.
In addition, you can suppress the use of DMG MORI Website Analytics in the cookie settings ("Analysis" section).
Change cookie settings
If you choose, though, to contribute your browsing experience during your visit and remain opted-in, you will enable us to significantly improve the performance of our communication, its outreach and its cost-efficiency.
- This processing of your data is lawful (based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR, or otherwise Justified).
14. Links to third party websites
We link websites of other providers not affiliated with us (third parties), e.g. to our profiles on social networks like LinkedIn, Xing, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Facebook. Please note that we have no influence on which data is processed by these providers when you click on these links. Since the data processing by third parties is beyond our control, we cannot take responsibility for this. For further information on the processing of your data by these third parties, please refer to the privacy information of the respective provider.