- Stable: One-piece, thermo-symmetrical machine bed of EN-GJS-600 for maximum rigidity and accuracy
- Dynamic: Wear-free, highly dynamic linear drives in the X- and Y-axis with up to 0.5 g and 3,543.3 in/min rapid traverse (optional), ram with integrated C-axis as direct drive for highest dynamics in 5-axis simultaneous machining
- Modular: Expandable to 236.2 in. in the X-axis and 59.1 in. in the Z-axis
- Flexible: B-axis milling head with direct drive and 50° swivel plane for the machining of angles up to -10°
- Powerful: Extensive range of spindle modules with HSK-A100 motor spindles up to 317.2 ft lbs
- Intelligent: CELOS for simplest operation, holistic integration into the company organization and continuous IoT performance
For Markus Piber, Divisional Board Member Sales & Technology Excellence of the DMG MORI Management GmbH, the new DMU 340 Gantry is the impressive result of an in-depth liaison with the large component manufacturers from the aerospace industry, general mechanical engineering as well as tool and mold manufacturing. And he is convinced: “With its high performance, dynamics, compactness and universality, the DMU 340 Gantry is the new benchmark in the gantry field.” The work area of the DMU 340 Gantry measures 133.9 x 110.2 x 49.2 inches and provides expansion options to up to 236.2 inches in the X- and 59.1 inches in the Z-axis. Due to its gantry design, it also has compact dimensions. Direct drives in the B- and C-axis as well as linear drives in the X- and Y-axis enable dynamic 5-axis simultaneous machining of workpieces – primarily made of carbon aluminium, steel and cast iron. A spindle module with speeds up to 30,000 rpm or up to 317.2 ft lbs torque supports the large range of components. The linear drives in the X- and Y-axis act contact-free, with long-term precision as well as maintenance-free and thus guarantee unparalleled dynamics of up to 5 g, with best control quality. “Coupled with the rigidity of the machines, this enables excellent surfaces up to Ra 0.3 µ. Furthermore, high rapid traverses result in a significant reduction of the machining time by up to 30 percent,” adds Markus Piber. The single-piece, thermo-symmetrical machine bed and the comprehensive cooling measures ensure high thermal stability and thus enable complex machining under changing conditions.