Incredibly fast and consistently precise
The first joint development from DMG and MORI SEIKI is the MILLTAP 700 compact machining centre. The highly productive machine stands out with its patented tool changes (0.9 sec tool change times), stable base construction for high-performance milling as well as its cutting edge SIEMENS 840D solutionline Operate control technology. As the only machine in this segment, the MILLTAP 700 can be optionally equipped with a measuring system in X / Y / Z for the best repeatability and consistent precision.
Highlights MILLTAP 700
- 0.9 second tool change times
- Chip-to-chip times under 1.5 seconds
- Patented design
- Drive outside of the chip area
- Smallest foot print 65.0 in. x 92.1 in.
- Best rigidity, maximum precision due to cast-iron bed
- Easy access for automation and set-up
- High reliability and process safety due to proven high-tech components
Application Examples MILLTAP 700
Automation MILLTAP 700
WH 3 workpiece handling - Universal with the highest storage capacity
The WH 3 solution is extremely flexible, easily accessible, and universally deployable and is best suited for various turning machines and milling machines as well as other types of machines including spark erosion machines with workpieces up to 6.6 lbs. An optional transport trolley assures the shortest changeover times for blanks and finished pieces.
Plug-in connection for: CTX alpha / beta 300 / 500 / 800, CTX 310 / 410, CTV 160 / 250, MSL 42 / 60, SPRINT 42 linear, MILLTAP 700
Highlights WH 3
- High autonomy and flexible deployment
- Extremely flexible automation solution for turning centres and milling machines
- 6-axis industrial robots, load capacity up to 6.6 lbs., working radius up to 35.1 in.
- 15-fold workpiece carrier recirculation system for exceptional storage capacity
- Safety housing with integrated control panel
- Optional: lateral transfer for best machine accessibility
Control MILLTAP 700
The user-friendly DIN / ISO programming for SIEMENS 840D solutionline Operate with SINAMICS S120 compact inverters and the 10.4" monitor ensure quick and efficient programming with a highly dynamic contour accuracy. Optional JobShop and SINUMERIK MDynamics offer a variety of video programming and high-quality 3D machining.
Operate 4.5 on SIEMENS 840D solutionline
- Block processing time 4 ms
- NC data storage 2 GB
- SINUMERIK Operate, incl. animated elements and cycle support SINUMERIK programGUIDE
- Tool management with tool life monitoring and graphical display of tools, including the types of tools
- ProgramGUIDE with SINUMERIK technology cycles and G-code programming, including animated elements and graphical quick view
- Standard cycles package for drilling and milling, including geometry calculator for any tool contour
- Graphical simulation of the machining sequence from the top view and other angles
- Block advance with and without calculation of an arbitrary block in the NC programme and start-up of the calculated position to continue machining
Available videos MILLTAP 700
More videos available in our Media Centre: